Thursday, June 26, 2008

Somewhere Down the Road

Earlier in the week, Jan, Zach and me were in Ocean City with some dear friends. They wanted to watch the slide show that Jon's brother put together for Lindsay's Memorial service.

I thought I was doing better but watching that slide show sure did hurt. Today Laura sent us pictures ... she prefaced her email saying we might now want to open the pictures. I was not going to ... and then I did ... it stinks. I don't quite understand it ... I want to take the pain away from Laura and Jon. I want Tanner to have his best buddy back.


Right now none of this really makes sense, except for trusting in a sovereign God who sees the bigger picture that I cannot quite grasp. Tonight I read Amy Grant's new book, MOSAIC. Laura, you loved Amy as a kid ... I could tell a really funny story about one song you used to sing at the end of our driveway ... but you'd strangle me!


This song was just what I needed to hear -- SOMEWHERE DOWN THE ROAD
So much pain and no good reason why,
You've cried until the tears run dry.
And nothing hear can make you understand.
The one thing you held so hear, has slipped from your two hands.

And you say
Why why why?D
Does it go this way?
Why why why
And all is can say is
Somewhere down the road,
There'll be answers to the questions
Somewhere down the road
Though we cannot see it now
Somewhere down the road
You will find mighty arms
Reaching for you
And they will hold the answers at the end of the road
Yesterday I thought I'd seen it all
I thought I'd climbed the highest wall
But now I see that learning never ends.
And all I know to do is keep on walking
Walking 'round the bend.


Saying
Why why why?
Does it go this way?
Why why why?
And all I can say ... all I know to say now is
Somewhere down the road,
There'll be answers to the questions,
Somewhere down the road
Though we cannot see it now
Somewhere down the road
You will find mighty arms
Reaching for you
And they will hold the answers at the end of the road.
(Amy Grant)
I miss you, Lindsay Bear!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Bill, for your openness. We trust in a loving heavenly Father who loves and cares for us. But our hearts are still so grieved. The words of this wonderful old hymn came to me as I read your blog -

What a friend we have in Jesus.
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer.

Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness:
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our Refuge!
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Precious Savior....Still our Refuge.

All of you -still in our prayers.
Shirley

Anonymous said...

Bill,
thank you for always sharing stuff with us----the happy, the pain. the smiles and the it stinks. I love you for that. Praying for you all so often that I really have a new prayer life!

Glad you guys had some time away--you surely needed it.

Talking of pictures, I have those smiley ones up on my screen and she makes me smile sometimes through some tears..but she brightens my day. That part of the blog will stay there (since I can't figure out how to save them!)

Praying for you all.
God bless you.
Love hugs & prayers,
Miriam

Anonymous said...

I read the blog this morning several times, and tried to think of something encouraging and comforting to write. My heart believes God's will is perfect, but I have such a hard time getting my head to synch up with my heart--especially with God's will for Lindsay. Needless to say, I drew a blank on what to write except that we are praying for your family truly without ceasing. May God give you peace knowing that you WILL have answers in His perfect timing.

Love,
Abbie Hackett

Anonymous said...

I was thinking this morning of how a little girl brought so many people together praying for her and her family. She brought smiles to our faces and her dying brought deep sadness to our hearts. But through this blog we've made new friends in Christ by reading their posts and learning through their trials. We've each ministered to one another in some small way. Thanks to the Weltes and the Groens for being so open and honest and sharing your precious little girl with us in pictures and stories. May God continue to comfort you and give you peace. May he shine a light in your darkness. We'll continue to pray for you as we all grieve.
Love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed at everyone's openness on the blog. I'm so grateful to be able to see you where you are in this journey. I'm so honored to be a part of this process. You have no idea.

Thank you for your continued openness. I continue to check the blog daily...sometimes a few times a day. I continue to think of all of you daily, and in my thoughts are always prayers for each and every one of you. My prayer is that you all will be encouraged and blessed on a daily basis, that the Lord will ease the grief each one of you bears, and that you all will continue to see His hand in this situtation. God is so good to all of us. I posted a long while back, I had hoped and prayed that HE would get all the glory no matter what. I know that He is!

Dear friends, continue to be encouraged and held up by knowing that you are loved and prayed for every day.

Love,
Lisa Sheldon
Whiting Bible Church

Anonymous said...

Dear Groens,Weltes,

I think of you all and Lindsay every day, and say a little prayer for all of you.

I made my self a little memorial to remember Lindsay. I went to the Build a Bear store and made a little bear. I selected a blonde bear, and dressed her in a pink skirt, white shirt with pink sparkles, and a pink baseball cap. I named her "Lindsay Bear". She sits on a bench in the living room.

Thanks for sharing your personal thoughts and photos of Lindsay. Keep them coming.

Mary Conway

The Magill Family said...

I stumbled across your blog comment on "Baby Cate's" blog, and just felt compelled to read your sweet little Lindsay's story, and tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache that you two families are going through, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. My son was born with a significantly large VSD in his heart, but we have been blessed that he has gotten better. Thankfully, there are at least two little angels in heaven to pray for other children with heart complications. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I feel so much better thinking about all of this from Lindsay's perspective. A family that loves her like crazy, an army of prayer warriors standing by her side along with that same loving family. Then all she'll ever know is the presence of almighty God and His heaven prepared with her in mind! And she's very likely to have met a guy named Ken Brown who knows and adores BOTH of her grandfathers and has loads of stories to tell. Oh how my heart is burdened for you all, I was praying for you lastnight Laura when I was doing my dishes. I promise you are all still constantly held in the prayers of so many who love you all so much. And for Jon and Laura I prayed with anticipation for all that God will do in and through you both as your story has barely begun to be written!!!! Love to you all,and thank you so much for continuing to share, as we care!
Because of Jesus-
Kristin Haynes

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for still keeping the lindsay bears blog, I check daily and still pray for you all that God in His graciousness will continue to be with you in your journey of sorrow. I know my Mom and Dad will be helping Lindsay. they are both there too.Take good care of each other, and please keep the blog updated,if it's not asking too much in your very busy lives.