Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Update -- April 9, 2008 4:45 PM

Praise the Lord for major improvement this afternoon. Laura and Jon were able to assist the nurse in bathing Lindsay. She has been responding to the stimulation. Sometime in the next couple of hours they will reduce the meds which will mean she will be waking up slowly.

At this point they do not believe additional surgery is necessary. The leaking has been greatly reduced. She is still being assisted by the pacemaker and that should come off as she stabilizes.

Baring no complications, she will be in ICU for at least three more days and then will move to cardiac step down.

Another major answer to prayer is that Jon and Laura were able to secure a hotel room closeby for $30.00 a night. They have the room from Friday - Tuesday. The hospital social worker said this rate doesn't come about very often.

We cannot thank you enough for your prayers. We know people are praying round the clock from different locations around the world. It is very humbling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyful tears and continued prayers.
Love and hugs, Miriam

BowieFamily said...

Hi, Tanner

It's me, Neil. I hope your baby sister is feeling better. Do you like your frog? I wanted to play in the playroom with you today, but I am in Attleboro. I hope we can play soon.

Signed, Neil

Unknown said...

Okay, so through my tears I write this with such joy that Lindsay is doing better. I was just thinking back as I was reading your blog, giving Colin a bath in the NICU. God can be so amazing, but know we love you all, please give Laura a huge hug from me. I wish we could be there to help out in person. We will continue to pray. Love to you all, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Whew- glad to hear that she is doing better and surgery is deferred! We are praying and walking with you- may you feel the hugs and prayers of us and so many others who are praying....

Love,

Aunt Sharon, Uncle Matt, Kelsey and Jared

Anonymous said...

God is so good! We rejoice with you all for Lindsay's continued progress. We daily pray for you all and that God will continue to strengthen Lindsay, heal her, and that her recovery will be quick and complete. Love, The Garelick Family

Amy said...

It was great seeing you today and hanging out with the boys! My friends, coworkers, and I will continue to pray! Love you all!