Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tuesday Morning Update

Thanks for your prayers. I cannot express enough how much it means to know we have a family that now stretches around the globe of people who are praying.

Lindsay had a restful night. We are thankful that Heather was her nurse again in CICU. She is super.

The surgeon was pretty frank with Laura and Jon today and there are several things that they are facing at the moment.

> They did test on the liver and kidneys and they are functioning properly. All of her other blood work is good as well.

> They will be doing a neurological study to make sure that there is no problem with the brain.

> There is the possibility that she might even need additional heart surgery, and he even mentioned the possibility of a heart transplant. I think he is trying to explore all of the options with them.

> They are having to move one of the heart lines to the other leg because of possible circulation problems.

Obviously Laura and Jon have a lot on their plate right now. The plan today is that they will leave Lindsay rest and then do some additional testing tomorrow.

I know that as the family read the blogs they are an encouragement. The tears obviously come too! I will keep the blog updated as often as I receive information.

We are IN HIS GRIP!

If you would like to make a contribution to help with Jon and Laura's expenses, you can send a gift to:

Dover Baptist Church
151 Washington Street
Dover, NH 03820

Attn. Pastor Ken Monihan

10 comments:

Marilyn Heavilin said...

Dear Bill and family,
We are driving across the country and praying constantly. Thank goodness for modern technology that makes it possible for me to write as Glen continues to drive.
We know that we serve a Great God and He is able to give us all of the grace we need for the day and for a lifetime.
I called people all over the country who have joined the army of prayer warriors for Lindsay.
We are with you in spirit and wish we could be with you physically.
In Him,
Glen and Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Christians world wide are joining together to pray for Jon, Laura, Lindsay, Tanner and their families Wow!!! Christians worldwide reaching out to pray for other Christians. "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God!" We're circling the wagons to join together with more support.
God's comfort be upon you all.
Love and hugs, Susie and Steve Randolph See you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Bill and Family,

Just heard about Lindsay and we are praying. We know first hand the awesome POWER of prayer!!

Love, Scott and Jill Brown and fam

Anonymous said...

Joe & I are continuing to pray! We know that God knows all about it and He will be with you all as you face this difficult time. At school, I am sharing Lindsay's blog with my students. My 6th graders prayed very sincerely for Lindsay this morning and we will continue each day.
We are praying for strength and grace for each of you, and for little Tanner, as we know this is hard for him to understand.
With Love,
Joe & Kim Olachea

Anonymous said...

To our family,
Even though we have been connected by phone, we just wanted to tell you agian how much we love all of you and that you are all in our prayers. Even people who don't know you personally but are our friends have adopted you as part of their family and are praying for you. We know that God is in control even though it is hard for us to understand WHY.
We love you all very much,
Uncle Mark, Aunt Jeanne, Jeff, Meredith, Megan and Richie

Anonymous said...

Dear Jon and Laura,

Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. I have put you on our prayer chain at church, so there are other brothers and sisters in Christ lifting your family and especially Lindsay up to the Lord. I will not say that I know what you're going through, but I want you to know that I am rejoicing, mourning, grieving, and trusting along with you. May God send you mighty warrior angels to defend you and ministering angels for give you comfort, rest and assurance. We love you!
Mary Lou and Vic

Anonymous said...

Jon and Laura,(and all other family)
we are standing in the gap for you.
we love you and are crying out to God on your and Lindsay's behalf.
"in the multitude of my anxieties within me, your comfrts delight my soul" Ps94:19
Elliot and Kate Shorey

Anonymous said...

We had hoped to come this evening to give you all hugs but it's been delayed until Friday. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You are being lifted up in prayer in Dover and around the world. May you know God's comforting presence during this time and know the love of all the people praying for "all of you".
Susie Randolph

Anonymous said...

Jon and Laura,
We are indeed sad that Lindsay is having such a rough time. I just got a call from Gail Malone, the secretary at Seacoast. She asked me to let you know that she and her husband are diligently praying for Lindsay. God bless, Dana and Kerri Robinson

Anonymous said...

Laura and Jon,
I just became aware of your daughter's condition. My heart goes out to you. I want you to know that you have another prayer warrior out there. Lifting you up in NJ...Jody Luther(Barr)