Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday evening update

Well believe it or not it is 11:21 PM and I am on a date with Lindsay!
My family are still a bit in shock, but I am spending the night with her in ICU! Don't faint! I am in my right mind (well, I think I am ...) Today was an incredible day of progress. Tonight they took out the breathing tubes and she is just on a little oxygen. Because she is getting a little more active, they upgraded her to a big girl bed. By morning, she will be pretty much awake and able to start eating, which almost doesn't seem possible.

We cannot thank you enough for the prayer support and encouragement that you have provided. The blog comments are a great encouragement to our kids.

Zach and I will be heading back to NJ tomorrow with Josh, Jenny and Samuel. Jan will stay on to encourage the kids her and help in whatever way she can when Lindsay is released. God has been so good to us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The miracles continue. Did I read correctly that Bill Welte stayed the night, in a hospital, with Lindsay. This will be a story she can tell her little ones.
So very, very, very good to hear of Lindsay's progress.
Safe trip for all who take to the road today.
We continue to praise and pray.
Much love. Laurel

Dana and Kerri Robinson said...

Amen! We'll keep praying. My 7th graders are anxious to hear my report every day.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Hey Bill, I just want to tell you and your wife that you have a lovely daughter. She's a great mom. I love sitting in church on Sunday and watching Jon and Laura holding Tanner and Lindsay while worshiping our Lord. We'll keep prayihg. What a joy it is to see how God is workking in all of this. God be with you
The Randolphs

GarretJulie said...

Lindsay Bear~ I was so sad to have to leave you yesterday! But know that I love you very much! Uncle Garrett told me last night that he wishes that he could have come! We are going to try and come see you when you come home! So get better soon big girl so we can come and play! You are such a trooper and have made us all so proud! I miss you and missed you as soon as I left! I told Emma that I was with you and she still thinks "Ce-Ce" is night night!
Love you bear~ Aunt Julie and Uncle Garrett
(Emma and Ethan too)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay...Miss Dina is speechless and that doesn't happen too often. Pop spent the night with you in the hospital...WOW...you go little girl! Pop's loves all you little guys...
Laura and Jon, I wanted to say thank you for letting us share in this very personnal time. It is a privledge. The Lord drench your family with His blessings and peace.
Love Dina & John

Anonymous said...

A big hello from the Bowies to the Groen family!

Every morning Neil wakes up and says...I wonder what Tanner is doing? And...I hope Lindsay is feeling better!

Your family has certainly made an impression upon ours...we feel so blessed to have met you...

We are thinking and praying for all of you...Jon, Laura, Tanner and of course, Lindsay. When one member of a family hurts, they all do. May everyone's hearts heal quickly and completely.

Say a hello to Josh, I mean, Zack (ha, ha) even though he is Yankee fan in Red Nation!

Love to all...
Joan and David
Erin, Neil, Austin and Catherine

Anonymous said...

PRAISING the Lord for the progress Lindsay is making--and for the encouragment given by having the Welte kids and parents together.PRAYING for those who are traveling--and continued encouragement for Jon and Laura.The Lord is good and we are thankful. Love, Mary Ella

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Laura and Jon
Lindsay is strong and so are you.
The Bowies are rooting for you...