Sunday, May 16, 2010

Because Of The Cross



Today at 1:00 p.m. marks Lindsay's 2 year anniversary in Heaven. How can 2 years have passed already when some days it feels like it was just yesterday. Some days I still think I am in this huge dream and I am going to wake up and everything will be the same. I do remember one dream I had the night before Lindsay went home. It was just after the doctors had called to tell us that something had happened in her belly. I remembering trying to fall back to sleep but so much was going through my head. I guess I finally did fall asleep, but my Pop-Pop Welte came to me in my dream and told me that Lindsay was going to be o.k. and that he was going to take care of her. You see my Pop-Pop has been in heaven for years. I remember waking up trying to shake it off and thinking I was crazy. But I really wasn't because he was right and he as well as my Mema, Nanny, Bebe, Grandpa and Grandma Groen, and Grandpa and Grandma Burgers are all in heaven with her taking care of her. I am comforted in knowing that she isn't alone and that she is fine and happy. Like my title says that's all because of the cross. Because of the cross and what Jesus did for you and me, we will be able to see Lindsay again. So on this 2 year angel anniversary I am thankful for what Christ did for me on the cross and the promises that he has made to me in knowing that one day we will all be with Lindsay in paradise. If you are reading this and don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior don't let the day go by without talking to some one. Lindsay's book is still being written and already through her life people have gotten saved.
I know have have said this on so many posts but I am going to say it again; THANK YOU. Thank you for the prayers, comments on the blog, encouragement, hugs, and just being there when we have needed you. I can't end this without saying a huge THANK YOU to all the doctors, nurses, ecmo nurses, on 8 south and 8 east. Because of them Lindsay had the best care we could have asked for. They sacrifice so much of there own lives to be in the hospital to take care of kids that really need them. We are thankful for each and every one of them who took care of Lindsay. Tanner and I still pray for them all every night at bed time as well as all the babies and kids on the 8th floor.
I am going to leave you with a picture video that I put together in memory of Lindsay's time in the hospital. Many have never seen some of these pictures and they may be hard to look at. But we cherish each one of them because they are the last pictures we have of her.

Lindsay Bear, Daddy, Mommy, Tanner, and Case miss you so much. We talk about you all the time and you will always be with us and in our hearts. We love you more than you know and we are proud of you in so many ways. Today after church we are going to have a picnic in the park and we will be thinking of you the whole day. We send you lots of hugs and kisses towards heaven today.
From Movies

9 comments:

Bill Welte said...

We are really having a hard time not being with you all today. Please know that you are in our prayers and that we love you all so very much.

I wrote about Lindsay in my Freedom Fighter Blog today. I love her more today than yesterday and long for the day that we can play "This little piggy" and hear her say, 'gain Pop, gain.'

http://americaskeswick.org/364426.ihtml#h_2106

Susan M. said...

Thinking of you all and praying for you today. Praying that the Lord will bring much comfort to your hearts and that you will feel His arms around you each and every moment. Your little Lindsay Bear has touched many, many lives and I'm sure the Lord will continue to use her to touch many more. May the God of all hope fill you with His joy and peace (Rom. 15:13) as you walk through today and the days ahead.

Love, hugs, and prayers,
Susan M.

GrannyApple said...

Praying for you all today as the memories rush through your minds. I am right there with you as we have been the last 6 weeks. I love you all so much.
Lindsay girl, Granny misses you. Glad you are safe in the arms of Jesus and your great-grandparents.
Love to all,
mom and granny

Unknown said...

Your blog came to me today and I paused to remember all of your journeys. My heart goes out to you as you miss your little girl. Last March my husband and I shared a journey with dear friends as their little grandson was diagnosed with a rare brain tumor at 10 weeks. Jeremy had surgery and lived for a month with many ups and downs. The Lord surprised his parents with another pregnancy and Evan was born before Jeremy's first birthday. It has been bittersweet. I went to Grief Share with my friend for the series and it was a tremendous comfort for us as we truly shared our grief with others. This may be an option for you if you haven't done it as yet. Thank you for being so open and caring. We love you just because of Jesus and send our love and prayers to you. Yes, we will all be together one day and our tears will be wiped away. Love and blessings, Donna and Jack

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of Lindsay, Laura. Not because its easy to remember those difficult days, but because they were the last times you saw her. I can only imagine how hard these two years have been--because of my love for my own children. Thank you for this lovely post on this anniversary of Lindsay's homecoming. Thank you for reminding us of the power of the cross...and thank you for your example of strong faith even in such a trial. We miss Lindsay and have been praying for you all.

Love you!

Phoebe

bambi said...

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
It just dawned on me(not being a great Bible scholar) that Case and Lindsay may already know each other and the new baby knows her too! How cool!! Hope this morning sickness leaves you before the heat arrives! That combination is not fun! Loves ya! Bambi

The B Family said...

Sweet friend~ I read this beautiful post on Sunday just before leaving for church and was in tears for you. There are never words for times like these...just know that you and your precious family are in our prayers...we don't have the words but HE does! What a JOY it is to know that you know HIM and can find peace in knowing that HE has your sweet girl!

In Christ Alone~ Rebecca

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

We just left Children's Hospital and got your beautiful gift basket. It was extremely thoughtful of you to think of the other children on the 8th floor at a time when you were reflecting on your loss.
Thank you again and may your memories of your beautiful little Lindsay keep your spirits high!

Carrie said...

Laura, I opened Lindsay's blog to see if you had posted anything new. I saw the new photo of Jon and Lindsay, heard the song and just about cried... I love you:)