Friday, January 1, 2010

Please Pray For My Aunt Jeanne


Our family needs your prayers again. We just found out last night that my Aunt Jeanne has Stage IV ovarian cancer. She is my mom's baby sister. My Aunt is very special to me and I love her very much. We know that God is in control of this whole thing and we are going to trust him that she is going to be ok. Please pray for my Uncle Mark and my cousin's Jeff and Megan. She will be meeting with a surgeon on Monday so I will know more then. So check back for more updates. She is not in any pain and she is healthy. We sometimes don't know why these trials come in our lives but we do know that God loves us and only gives us what we can handle. My Aunt said last night that one thing she learned from my Nanny was that even in the hard time we need to be thankful. I am thankful for my Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Mark. They have been big prayer warriors for us during Lindsay's time in the hospital. They came to visit her which was so special to Jon and I. So now it is our turn to be prayer warriors for her.

Aunt Jeanne,
I love you so very much. I am not going to stop praying for you. God is in control of everything that is happening. We pray for peace for you guys and that you will feel God's presence in every step of the way. We support you and we will be there for you when you need us. Thanks for being such a great Aunt to all of us. Our family has some of the greatest memories together that I will cherish for ever.
Uncle Marker( this is what the our kids call him), Jeff and Meg,
I love all so much to. I am praying for strength and for you as you stand with your Mom and support her in every decision that is made.

4 comments:

GarretJulie said...

Praying for you Aunt Jeanne. We love you very much and we as well will be standing not only as prayer warriors for you but as family.
You are such a big part of our lives and our kids lives and we thank God for you!
With much love and big hugs,
Julie

Lisa said...

Laura,

Once again, I'm honored to join all of you in coming before the Lord in prayer for one of your family members. I will be praying your Aunt Jeanne through this...as well as your Mom and entire family. I know God will give you all exactly what you need right when you need it. Please keep me posted and (as I've already told Julie) let me know if there's ANYTHING at all I can do.

Love you guys!
Lisa

barbara koster said...

HI LINDSAY, I AM A FRIEND OF LAUREL VANSANDT AND SHE SHARED YOUR AUNT'S ILLNESS WITH ME. I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR AUNT, HER FAMILY, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THAT GOD'S PEACE TO BE WITH ALL OF YOU THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME. MAY YOU CONTINUE TO KNOW HIS PRESENCE IN YOUR LIVES AND MAY HE GIVE YOU HIS STRENGTH IN THE DAYS AHEAD. WE HAVE A PRAYER CHAIN AT MY CHURCH AND I WILL BE ADDING YOUR AUNT'S NAME. GOD IN IS IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS AND HIS WILL WILL BE DONE. GOD BLESS. I WILL GET UPDATES FROM LAUREL. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, BARBARA KOSTER.

Anonymous said...

I pray for all of you always and now will add your dear Aunt Jeanne to the list...we are studying the book of James in our Sunday school class and we are taught there to "Consider it all joy, my brothers whenever you face trials of any kind,because you know that the testing of your faith developes perserverance."James1:2...I do not pretend to know that anything pertaining to this new trial is joyful, but He says it and I believe it...the Lord will see you through as He has so many times before and will mature and perfect us along the way...I will pray that Aunt Jeanne's treatment will be an easy course and she will soon be back to perfect health...May God continue to bless all in the Groen and Welte families...Melanie Vara (Whiting Bible Church...Lisa Sheldon's Mom)