Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!

Happy Resurrection Day!

Good morning to all of our friends and family. I checked the blog several times this morning to see if Laura had written. I did not want to write if she had already done so.
We want to thank all of our family and thousands of friends who have stood by Laura, Jon and Tanner since last April. The support, encouragement, love and prayers has been so overwhelming and humbling. As of this morning, Lindsay's blog was over 66,500.

The month of April and May are going to be very difficult for the kids as they relive through the challenges of last year with Lindsay's surgeries and homegoing. I know that they will appreciate your prayers and notes of encouragement.
I want to express my thanks for the folks at Dover Baptist Church and the MOPS group who have so faithfully stood by the kids. You have been a tremendous blessing to our family.
Today Lindsay is celebrating Easter with Jesus. We miss her so much, but she is with her Savior and enjoying the greatest Easter ever. I could not help but think of the words to this song this morning:
God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus;
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!

Chorus

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

Chorus
Because He lives,

I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives!
Chorus

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,Just because He lives!

Praise the Lord -- He is risen!
With much love,
Bill and Jan Welte and Warren and Phyllis Groen

1 comment:

The B Family said...

Yes! HE LIVES...and our precious little girls live with Him, too! What a blessed assurance!

Praying for you, sweet friend~ Rebecca