Sunday, April 24, 2011

HE IS RISEN


The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know who you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; HE IS RISEN, just as he said. Matthew 28:5-6

Happy Easter to you all!!!!! We hope you take some time today to reflect on what Christ has done for you and for me. If you don't have him as the Lord and Savior of your life there is still room at the cross for you.

Last night as I was pulling the boy's easter outfits out I was missing Lindsay. I miss dressing up a little girl in a pretty Easter dress. I can only imagine what Lindsay and her friend Annabelle are wearing today. I bet it's the most prettiest Easter dress you have ever seen. I bet they are dancing and twirling at the feet of Jesus. Oh if heaven only had a window that we could see them.

I wonder what it's like to spend Easter in heaven.




The picture at the top is Lindsay's first Easter. The other one with Tanner, is Lindsay's last Easter here on earth.

8 comments:

Bill Welte said...

We love you, Laura, Jon, Tanner, Case, Wyatt and Lindsay. Happy Resurrection Day! So thankful today for the empty tomb!!!

Love,

Dad Welte

Susanna G said...

Thinking of your family today, as always, Laura.

GrannyApple said...

So thankful that the tomb is empty and that Lindsay is living with Jesus. She is actually saying, "Hey Granny, I've seen Jesus, He is Alive." What a wonderful image in my mind. Love you all very much. Happy Easter, Lindsay girl.
Love,
Granny

Angie's blog said...

((((((HUGS))))) Laura...praying as you miss your sweet little Angel today who is living with Jesus. May God who strengthens us be with you today.

GarretJulie said...

Lindsay,
You were on my mind this weekend!! Uncle Garrett and I were talking about you the other night and I got upset and said that I was missing out on the Aunt and Niece relationship and how special it can be!!! It made me cry of course because I wish I could have that with you! BUT, ONE day I will get to have that with you! I am thankful that HE IS RISEN!! And because of that I DO have that promise! I think of you often and I love you with all my heart sweet girl!!!!
Big squezzes,
Aunt Julie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your testimony and for all the love you show. I know my mom would be praying for you extra hard as you remember what God has brought you and Lindsay through - you with your family and her with Jesus in heaven, and now with my mom as well. I can hardly wait to meet Lindsay and see my mom again.

Unknown said...

Laura~

You are such an inspiring testimony! We will be praying for you during this time of the year, and rejoicing that Jesus isn't in the tomb and that there is Hope for our eternal life with Him and those that have gone home before us in Heaven!

Alyssa Groen said...

Hi Guys,
I don't know if you'll get this -- it's been a while since your post. But just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you an awful lot and aching with missing Lindsay. The hope and faith you exemplify, in the midst of grief, truly blows me away. Thanks for your example. We love you!
Alyssa