Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Day To Remember


We are fast approaching Lindsay's one year in heaven. These past few days for me have been filled with crying and smiling as I look back over this past year. I seem to be missing her even more as this week goes on and just longing to hold her in my arms. Tomorrow will mark the day when we were preparing for her to have the Berlin heart put in and looking forward to moving along with her recovery. But little did we know then that God had even bigger plans for her and that He would totally heal her from all the pain and give her that brand new heart. As I look back I wish sometimes that I could have changed God's plan and all the what ifs that we go through. I know now that we did everything we could have done for Lindsay and that God just needed her more in heaven with him.

My parents will be heading here to NH tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with us. I know this weekend will be sad and I am sure lots of tears will be shed together. But we can all rejoice knowing that we will one day get to see her again and hold her. We can look back and remember all the happy times we had with her and enjoy being together. We have been thinking about what to do on this one year of her being in heaven and I think that we might get a tree or bush and plant in her memory. If you would like to do something on Saturday in memory of Lindsay please do so. Even if it's baking cookies or letting balloons go, planting flowers, what ever you feel led to do we would encourage you to something. If you decide to do something please take pictures and email them to us. We would love to see what you did in her memory. We again say Thank You to all of you who have been following her blog for a year now. I am shocked every time I see the numbers on the bottom of the blog go up. We will never know until we get to heaven how many lives she has changed and how many lives she has touched. Please don't be afraid to share your stories with us. We love talking about Lindsay and we would love to hear your story.

Please be praying for the rest of our family who won't be here with us this weekend. They need your prayers as much as we do. I also have added a few more names of heart babies for you to pray for and check there blogs. The new ones I added are at Children's Hospital Boston right now. I don't know if any of you had been following Baby Kayleigh story since I added her blog. She passed away this week so her family needs your prayers as well.

Lindsay Bear, Daddy, Mommy, and Tanner miss you so much and we love you more than you know.

15 comments:

GarretJulie said...

We will be thinking of you guys and praying for you as you prepare for this very hard day that is approaching!
We will be letting balloons go with the kids on Saturday morning.
Lindsay~ We all miss you very much. We, along with your mommy, daddy and brother, long for the day we get to see you! But until then you remain a big part of our lives and hearts!!! We love you sweet girl.
Aunt Julie

Anonymous said...

From Susie Randolph:
Lindsay Bear, In some ways I can't believe it's been a whole year since you've gone to be with Jesus. So many things we have all learned through this journey with you. God has shown us the importance of friendships and family. How precious each moment of our lives are. How God uses special people in our lives at the right moment.I don't have room to write them all. Your little life changed so many hearts and brought so many people's hearts closer to God. I still see your smiling face in church sometimes. I think I always will. You're Mommy, Daddy, Tanner and the rest of your family are in my prayers this week and especially tomorrow. I miss your smiling face. I think I'll be planting a special trumpet vine tomorrow in your honor. Love, Susie Randolph

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura, Jon & Tanner
We will be thinking of you all and praying for you tomorrow. As I we see Jeff, Meredith, Ainsli, Megan and Richie,we will hug them a little tighter and thank God for the times we have together.
Lindsay Bear, we miss you sweet girl but we know that we will see you in heaven. We love and miss you.
Mom/Nan take care of our sweet Lindsay Bear, We miss you.
Love you all,
Uncle Mark and Aunt Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Just want you guys to know that we're thinking of you and praying for you. Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us, it's an honor to walk with you through this time.
We love you guys, Rob and Terri

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys on this day. You are on our hearts and in our prayers very often.
Kate Shorey

Anonymous said...

Jon, Laura and Tanner,
I will be thinking of you all and praying for your family today. I can't believe the faith,strength and love that you have all shown throughout this past year. My heart is with you all. Thank you Lindsay for opening my families hearts.
Stephanie

Just a little side note, Wal-Mart (at least the one in Epping where I work) is fund raising for Boston Children's Hospital for the month of May. Our goal is to reach $20,000. Each donation I receive, I do so in memory of Lindsay.

Anonymous said...

Jon, Laura, Tanner, and the rest of the Welte/Groen family,

Please know that we are praying for you today and love you all.

Cherri for the Raws family

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura, Jon and Tanner,

Faith, Noah and I wanted to let you all know that we made a special little garden today in honor of Lindsay. Faith placed each one in its spot with such care. I took several pictures to show how much Lindsay and your family means to us (especially Miss Jan and the General) Looking forward to the Little Blessing coming in June. Thanks for letting us share in this special day to HONOR HER!!!!

The Mumma's
Keswick Family

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know you are in my heart and prayers esp. today---but everyday as well.

Much love, many hugs & prayers

Miriam

Anonymous said...

Psalm 23 .. through the valley of the shadow of death...
What courage and beauty there has been in your sharing some of your walk this past year.
Many hearts and lives have been touched in ways you may never know.
For sure those who have shared in your sharing look upon each child they see with a greater sense of the wonder of and thanksgiving for the miracle of life.
Somehow seeing Lindsay's pictures brought back images of my nephew as a toddler and they have helped me deal with his death only months prior.
May the Lord give you wisdom and guidance as you continue to reach out to others.
Praying for you and your family and Baby Groen.
That child is already blessed for it will be welcomed by most loving arms. LVS

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know the children and I just finished watching the precious video (slide show ) of Lindsay, we enjoyed every picture. Praying for you daily.
Sharon Mumma (Faith and Noah too!!!)

Nancy Brown said...

Dear Laura, Jon, and Tanner,
You were in my thoughts yesterday and all the days leading up to Lindsay's anniversary. I know it is a difficult time.
Nancy Brown

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers were with you all yesterday as we remembered Lindsay, her life and her home going last May 16th. We pray that yesterday was filled with sweet memories of her beautiful blue eyes, bright smile and laugh and the precious moments God gave you together.

We love you dearly & continue to lift you in prayer.

Love & Prayers~
Brian, Donna, Jesslyn, Julia, Joel & Jeremy

Anonymous said...

To you all...I know this must have been a very hard weekend for you, but as I look at your blog regularly,I realized how wonderfully you have chronicled your daughter's prescious life...in your words and in the photos we have come to know and love all of you...I think of this healthly little girl being face to face with her creator and I weep tears of joy...I pray always for the new life coming to your family and know for sure you all have a blessed advocate in heaven...Blessing on you all of you, Melanie Vara (Whiting Bible)

Dover Mops said...

I just needed to come on and see that beautiful little girl.. Seeing her picture always makes me smile. Some days I wish I had a chance to meet her and grow a bond with her, then I think that if I did how much more I would miss her.. Thanks for letting me be a big part of your pregnancy. I am so excited to meet that little one and hold her/him. God has really blessed me to have you as a friend.. Love ya.. Jodi