Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CHD Awareness Week



This week is CHD week. CHD stands for Congenital Heart Defects. We have come to know many babies who have been born with so many different types of heart defects. I encourage you to watch this little video and read the statics that they give. I didn't know half of them and was very surprised when I read them. Our two heart baby friends Annabelle and Lindsay Dean's pictures are in this video. We all need to be aware of these defects and pray for all these babies and kids who have it.

One of my elementary school friends Sibahan lost her baby to CHD. We have since become close and I know that she is trying to raise more of an awareness.



Please be in prayer for our dear friend Rebecca. Her daughter is Annabelle. Well Rebecca is expecting a baby and we are very excited for her. Please pray that God will protect this baby and that he or she will have a healthy heart.


One last thing is we want to wish my sister in law Jenny a very Happy Birthday today. We love you lots Jenny and we thank you for all your prayers and support you have given to us. Thanks so much for all the hard work you did on putting the special books together from the blog.

5 comments:

The B Family said...

Oh the things we've learned from our girls! It gives me such joy to know Annabelle has Lindsay as one of their many precious little friends!
Laura, the gifts were just so touching! I have listened to your father's CD over and over....and keep it playing through most of the day. What a beautiful gift he has! Thank you for your thoughtfulness!
We continue to pray for the new life you've been blessed with, too!
Love & Blessings~ Rebecca

GrannyApple said...

What a privilege it is to pray for these families who have been affected by CHD. Seeing all Lindsay's CICU heart friends as we spent so many weeks at Children's Hospital Boston, made us aware of what so many families are facing each day. Although we have not physically met some of these children, we have been brought together by the love of Jesus. Praying for these 2 sweet babies as God knits them together inside their precious moms. Love to you both.
Lindsay Bear's Granny

GarretJulie said...

That video gave me more information than I knew. Wow... that's all I can say.
love you,
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura, John and Tanner:

I will request prayer at our Church for CHD Awareness Week. Thank you for sharing the video of these precious children, we will pray for God's protection and healing for these little ones.

I check Lindsay's Blog all the time and I have been encouraged and inspired by your devotions and how your share your walk with God and what he is doing in your life.
The photos of Lindsay are beautiful, your sharing of your love story of Lindsay has helped me to grow closer to God by praying for you and your family.
Knowing that God will never leave us, but he will always pick us up and walk beside us and carry us through the pain, we are indeed blessed.

In Prayer for your family and the new baby,
Love, Daryl (Friend of Keswick)

Anonymous said...

The figures of 1 in a 100 just blew my mind! Thanks for putting the link of-it truly is an education and so heart touching.

I won't be able to pray for the babies and children I pray for every day now without adding the CHD babies everywhere.

Continuing to pray for you all.

Love, hugs & prayers,
Miriam