Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Pumpkin Patch


The weather here in New Hampshire is starting to show signs of fall. Last week I started getting out my fall decorations. I got the idea to look for pictures of the kids with a pumpkin in the picture to print out to use as a decoration. Last year we got a big pumpkin and I took the kids picture with it. Now these pictures are so precious to me. We have 4 pumpkins in our patch and only 1 of them we will see grow. We continue to take one day at a time. Living each day to the fullest and enjoying each other. God has been so good to us in the last 3 1/2 months and has held us so close in his arms.

I was reading in my devotions this afternoon and this struck me. My daily bread said this; When the question is asked, 'Why did this happen?' perhaps one answer will be, 'So that many will consider where they will spend eternity.'" Trusting in the sovereignty of God can turn outrage into compassion and hatred into concern. Then I read this little saying; The Lord can turn a tragedy into an opportunity to show us that eternity must never be ignored. I also love this verse from 2 Timothy 4: 7,8 Lindsay has fought the good fight she has finished the race, so that we have kept the faith. Now there is in store for us the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to us on that day and not only to us, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. Amen to that.

We are all apart of God's pumpkin patch and he gets to watch us grow into beautiful pumpkins that want to live for Him. So I ask you are you apart of God's pumpkin patch and are you growing to live your life for Him. I know that I fail sometimes but I know that God will forgive me and that He will help me grow.

Lindsay, you will always be our little pumpkin and we miss you so much!

8 comments:

GarretJulie said...

Laura~ you have a gift for words. You inspire me more than you know. I too see that God has used and continues to use Lindsay's story for his will to win others to Christ. I count myself lucky to be in Lindsay's family. I know I am looking forward to the day when I can see Lindsay's big blue eyes again. I don't know what life would be like without or God.
I love you all very much and we pray for you each and every day.
Love you lots,
~Julie

Anonymous said...

This pumpkin is back!! Now that my computer is up and running, I can catch up on what I have been missing. I have missed checking the blog so much.

Laura, it was a joy to spend some time with you and Tanner. Always praying for you but sure have missed this special contact. Truly, God is still using your little pumpkin to bless so many of us.

Love hugs & prayers
Miriam

Anonymous said...

Thank you Laura for posting. Your insight, faith,and strength are a true testament.
God Bless you

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura:
Thank you so much for your postings. I have that picture of Tanner and Lindsay on my computer and it pops up quite often during the day at work. You are such an inspiration to me and I am so thankful that I am your Aunt.
Love you all,
Aunt Jeanne

Anonymous said...

All your postings are such an encouragement and as we respond I pray we are an encouragement to you and your family...I marvel at how God can put these gentle reminders into our hearts and minds..a butterfly, a pumpkin..her presence will be evident forever and I praise the Lord for that...May God continue to hold you all in His comforting arms...God bless, Melanie Vara

Anonymous said...

This picture is so cute! Thank you for continuing to write on the blog. Thank you also for the reminder that all our little pumpkins belong to God and that He loves them more than we can imagine... I am praying for you, Jon and Tanner, and am praising God for holding you close these past few months and also for His promise to never leave your side.

Love,
Abbie Hackett

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura for sharing your thoughts and your faith in God. You are such a witness to all of us. God is so awesome. We will see Lindsay again just as I will see our Heather in heaven. We miss them but we know that what better place can they be but with Jesus in Heaven. God will see you through this journey of tears,sadness and emptyness you feel. You're in our prayers. Love,Susie

Lisa said...

Laura,

You write so beautifully. My heart is always encouraged when I read what you write. I pray the Lord continues to bring you, Jon and Tanner awesome days together filled with much love, joy and laughter! You are a true inspiration to all of us!

Lord bless you today...and everyday!

Love,
Lisa